Streaming from PC Blu-ray drive

JohnDC 08:28 02 Sep 2011

My PC has a Blu-ray drive. Any way I can stream from this drive to my TV?

BRYNIT 08:45 03 Sep 2011

If your Computer has an HDMI connection and your TV has an HDMI connection then you will be able to view your Blue-ray films on your TV.

A little more information about your Computer and TV would help.

JohnDC 11:10 03 Sep 2011

Thanks BRYNIT. Although both machines have HDMI they are on different floors - ground and first. Only connection between them is mains wiring, ethernet and wireless.

I guess I'm looking for some sort of server software on the PC that'll enable me to stream from the Bluray drive via wireless/ethernet?

PC is running Windows 7 64bit, and I do have a ZyXel DMA1000 digital media streamer device connected to the PC. What I don't want to do is re-format Bluray at the PC end just to push it to the DMA1000 device at the TV end, just for the odd occasion when I want to watch a Bluray disc. Probably easier just to buy a Bluray player and connect it direct to the TV?

BRYNIT 18:42 03 Sep 2011

From what you have said and due to the file size of Blueray films I also think it would be easier and cheaper to by a Blueray player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?