Strange pattern / colour glitch windows 10

Kieran Waugh 17:11 28 May 2017

Hello, I built my first PC 2 days ago but it is having a weird glitch at random points during the day. A strange pattern / solid colour will appear and the system will reboot. I first thought it was a GPU problem but the last time this happened by bios couldn't find my boot SSD. The problem doesn't occur when the system is under load but more frequently when idle / downloading a game, could anyone help me with this problem? Thanks. Image - click here Ryzen 1400, GTX 1060 6gb , ASUS A320M-K, 500gb samsung 850 evo SSD, corsair VS450 PSU

PC: AMD

rdave13 22:51 28 May 2017

Check the manual for your version of the board, click here . Most probably you've installed the SSD as MBR and not GPT. So Compatibility Support Module is enabled. So you won't see OS boot manager as a boot priority in the list. That means you're in legacy mode (old bios). That could be your problem.

1]: [click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

See the Best Button Badge Designs of 2017

iPhone X review

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires