starting vista error message driverincompatibility

Mikealsop 17:18 03 Apr 2007

Every time I start Vista I get and error message that a driver (Sonic Solutions DLA) has been blocked. I close this message and shortly after get another message saying that this driver is incompatible and should seek online solution (and there isn't one of course)so I just cancel. This stops nothing working but is an irritant. I have uninstalled the recalcitrant program (Roxio Easy Media Creator 8) and deleted every reference to it. I have even trawled the registry and deleted every reference to Sonic or Roxio but still this message appears. Anyone know how I can get rid of it?

anskyber 17:28 03 Apr 2007

Yes. I'll be back with the reference, I had the same problem.

anskyber 17:32 03 Apr 2007

If you have a Dell this is the solution, if not a Dell the solution is offered as is by Sonic. click here

ventanas 08:46 04 Apr 2007

This is a known issue with certain Dell machines. I had the same problem. There is a fix on the Roxio web site as pointed out by anskyber. The message however is nothing more than a nuisance.There is no incompatible driver. The part of Roxio causing it is Drag to Disc.

Mikealsop 11:00 04 Apr 2007

I tried all the solutions provided in the links provided by Anskyber but none worked.
Although my system is a Compaq I tried the solution for Dell systems and it worked!!
Thanks both
M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017