spywareblaster after w8.1

sunnystaines 17:30 19 Oct 2013

after install of w8.1 as well as running ms updates also run spywareblaster to update definitions in new ie 255 defn's to load

rdave13 17:58 19 Oct 2013

I've had no updates and only had to enable protection for IE in spyware blaster.

sunnystaines 18:30 19 Oct 2013

strange, also notice another problem my laptop has onchip intel graphics plus an nvidia graphics card on checking device manager to see if drivers were all ok in w8.1 had yellow warning the update had deleted all my nvidia software had to download and install it again. Must say the pc does seem a tad faster than before.

rdave13 18:35 19 Oct 2013

Only hiccup I've had was with Avast. The update killed the AV on two laptops and a desktop. I didn't realise for a while as Defender took over. Installed the latest Avast and ok now.

rdave13 21:32 19 Oct 2013

Hello Jock1e. Went to control panel and clicked on Defender. Just get a pop-up saying it is off and that I need to go to Action Centre to see what security I'm running. Looks like Microsoft have taken the control of Defender from the user. I'm not entirely happy about this as when Avast was disabled via the upgrade I wasn't aware that my AV had failed. No warning in the notification area as Defender had automatically taken over.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017