Sound has vanished ... (for lovers of Bach)

Florio 21:25 01 Feb 2008

Two days ago I discovered a wonderful website dedicated to the music of J.S. Bach (click here); it is possible to consult scores and listen to recordings of virtually all of Bach's works.
I immediately listened to some of the recordings without problems. But when I returned to the site today, there was no sound when I tried to listen to further recordings. In the meantime I had not touched any settings; other audio reproductions are functioning normally.
The files in question are not played directly on Windows Media Player or Real Player. If I remember correctly, there was an Active X control message when I first attempted to hear the audio files.
Perhaps someone on the forum could check out the site in question and see if they enounter similar problems.
For the record, I have Vista Home Premium.
Florio

anskyber 10:38 02 Feb 2008

No sound here.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:05 02 Feb 2008

Must be them, I can not hear anything either.

Florio 14:07 02 Feb 2008

Since I DID manage to hear the recordings the first time I visited the site, I carried out a system restore to see what would happen. I was in fact advised of an Active X control, which I authorised. But from then on, received no further messages, nor was I able to hear any recordings. So the problem obviously lies in the Active X control. What can I do about this?
Florio

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017