Software that works with Vista

dth 13:34 04 Feb 2007

Can we start a thread with how people have got on installing existing software with Vista?

From the neighbour's p/c.

AVG - A few goes to install but seems to be working well.

Nero 6 - Vista doesn't like it at all

Mailwasher - Installs but gives error messages when exiting

anskyber 14:09 04 Feb 2007

It is useful to have such information. A site does exist already if you would like to have a look. click here

dth 17:58 04 Feb 2007

Thanks for the link. I have added that to my bookmarks. Nothing about Mailwasher unfortunatley.

One to add to my earlier post - Firefox works perfectly with Vista.

Giant68 19:59 04 Feb 2007

Avast AV works ok. Didn't bother reinstalling Nero, I downloaded and installed DeepBurner Free edition and that works fine.
Mailwasher does throw up the error messages on exiting but still seems to work fine.
I have used Total Recorder to record streaming audio and while it now attempts to run it won't record anything, I await a reply from their support dept.
Avant browser also ok with Vista.

Giant68

kev d 21:28 04 Feb 2007

This is a known issue and is mentioned on the Vista Upgarde Advisor site. Apparently Nero 7 is Vista compatible.

"Can we start a thread with how people have got on installing existing software with Vista"?

That's a great idea. Even though there is a site as anskyber states above I would like to see a sub forum of "Windows Vista" dedicated to software compatibility. I would place a lot of trust in fellow forum menber's experience and advice.

kev d 21:30 04 Feb 2007

and I would trust "fellow forum members" even more!!

Apologies for spelling.

Chris-347369 08:24 05 Feb 2007

I installed AVG 7.5 and it broke my internet connection. Couldn't work out why but uninstalled it, changed to Avast! and call became good again.

So far have installed MS Office 2003 with no problems and Sims 2 which works but won't allow me to use a resolution more than 800x600

matmou 14:30 05 Feb 2007

I have ran the upgrade advisor on my sony fe31z and it tells me to uninstall the toshiba bluetooth stack. Can anyone tell me what is the toshiba bluetooth stack and what it will affect if i uninstall it? Is it not possible to just ignore it? I thought the fe31z was ready for upgrade so i wouldn't have to do anything to the computer before upgrading.
Any help is much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone