snipping tool help

aine 15:23 10 Mar 2008

Please could one of the geeks on this forum. Remind me how to get the capture of the snip to the final destination. The old grey matter seems to be turning even darker. Thanks all. Aine

anskyber 15:31 10 Mar 2008

Save it to wherever you want. I save it to pictures then I upload it to Photobucket if I want to send it on. click here

anskyber 15:33 10 Mar 2008

Useful FAQs click here

anskyber 15:35 10 Mar 2008

Finally a very useful guide to how to click here

aine 15:49 10 Mar 2008

Thanks Anskybar, your info was useful, what i really require is how to transfer the capture to the area I wish to post it to. example, I captured a speed test and wished to move it from my pictures to a web page
which in this case is my ISP, I was stuck on how to transfer it. Hope you can understand my rambling. Aine

PeterK. 15:58 10 Mar 2008

Here is a guide which helps you with the snipping tool. It is a very useful Vista website.

This is the website:

click here

anskyber 16:09 10 Mar 2008

Do you mean as an actual picture as opposed to the url which like the "click here" facility on this site allows people to click and see the picture?

aine 16:26 10 Mar 2008

I feel that it would require the URL. the capture I did had no URL beneath it, it said file:///C:/Users/Doug/Pictures/Capture.PNG.this would not be any good to the recipient, to enable him to read the info contained therewithin. perhaps I am doing something wrong initially?

anskyber 16:34 10 Mar 2008

Use a free resource like Photobucket, I do. click here you can then upload the image which once uploaded to PB it will give you URLs to copy into your web site. The snip I did of your thread and linked in my first post was done that way. Of the choices available I use the "direct link" URL.

aine 17:02 10 Mar 2008

Anskybar, tell me if I have this right. First capture it in MS pictures, log on to PB upload the same image, select direct link, send to recipient via copy and paste

anskyber 17:20 10 Mar 2008

Perfect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?