Sidebar gadget recommendations?

anskyber 14:17 24 Dec 2007

I have a few sidebar gadgets, the usual really of a clock (analogue), calendar, local weather, dual core and RAM usage.

My latest addition is the Skype contacts gadget click here it can be configured to show only those contacts on line rather than wasting sidebar space displaying all contacts, after all it's only those who are on line which are of interest.

Which brings me to my question, which, if any, are your favourite gadgets?

J B 14:53 24 Dec 2007

The Default currency conversion gadget along with the Met office weather gadget and you can get it here click here J.B.

skidzy 16:58 24 Dec 2007

Bit sad really anskber,but for me its the Ebay search gadget.Though ive not looked recently for the newbies availible.

rdave13 21:37 24 Dec 2007

As I have a laptop with a rather weak cpu my favourite is the 'system monitor english'. Shows ram,cpu,time,drives,and recycle bin usages. Temp though doesn't work. I'm quite surprised how efficient a 1.73 GHz Celeron M CPU 430 is.

anskyber 13:32 26 Dec 2007

Thanks one and each.

Jake_027 23:57 27 Dec 2007

I don't use the sidebar much anymore but one of the most useful tools I found for it was the live departure board from click here . Once installed it will give live departure times for any english railway station typed into it. A godsend for those who use the train regularly, as it stops you being stood on the platform for 20 minutes if the train is late, and similarly can save waiting around if you are going to pick someone up if the train is late.

rdave13 21:22 31 Dec 2007

Found the link for 'system monitor english' ; it also shows your wireless connection strength. click here

this looks good? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?