scrolling too quick

Bez 22:15 17 Sep 2007

When I move the pointer across the page with the touch pad there frequently appears a rectangular shape with two arrows, one arrow pointing up and the other pointing down. At that moment the page scrolls rapidly in either direction depending on how I move the pointer and I loose the place of whatever I was doing which is very frustating.
Has this something to do with Vista or has it to do with my Toshiba Satellite laptop? Is there a way of stopping the rectangle appearing?
There doesn't seem to be any reference to this in the Toshiba manual.

Bez

Ashrich 23:14 17 Sep 2007

This is the Synaptics driver , it allows you to use the margins of the touch pad for horizontal and vertical scrolling , look at the entry in control panel and it will show you where the margins are so you can avoid them apart from when they are needed .Control Panel/Mouse Properties/Gestures , then in the lower half , select " scrolling settings , adjust from there .

Ashley

Ashrich 23:17 17 Sep 2007

Forgot to say , when in that section you can disable " coasting " which is when it scrolls on it's own , which is damn annoying !! .

Ashley

Bez 00:09 18 Sep 2007

Thank you, Ashley, for your expert advice.

Life has become less frustrating.

Bez

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?