Scrolling between open windows

BigB321 22:40 25 Mar 2008

Hi everyone I have just stumbled on a annoance in Vista ( what just 1 was the cry) , I had to reinstall Vista Ultimate because the original installation fell over when trying to install SP1 anyway in that original install any open windows I could press the middle mouse button on get a visual list of open windows and use the scroll whell of the mouse to "jump" from one to another ,now with this new install if I do the same thing I get small windows appearing all together of my the open windows how can I get back to the "scrolling " effect.

Thanks for your time and any replies
Cheers for now

Brian

SteveWH 01:11 26 Mar 2008

It sounds as if Aero is turned off go to control panel-personalization-windows color and appearance-open classic appearance and turn on Aero.

BigB32 16:45 26 Mar 2008

Thats wierd Aero was on but still no scrolling windows what else could it be please
Brian

SteveWH 20:33 26 Mar 2008

Try clicking on the task bar icon: 'switch between windows' if you are in Aero and its working then this should start document flip.

If this works maybe you need to re-programme your mouse button. Failing this go to start help and enter: document flip lots of advice comes up.

BigB32 22:27 26 Mar 2008

Thanks very much SteveWH that has done the trick
Thanks for your advice

Brian

BigB32 23:33 26 Mar 2008

UPDATE just downloaded the lataest software for my Microsoft Wireless mouse and all is back to " normal"
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?