screenshot key won't work in windows 10

mohic 07:51 24 Jun 2017

Since the last lot of windows 10 updates I can no longer get my screenshot key to work. How can I restore its function? I am a technophobe so please keep instructions simple. Thanks in anticipation.

BT 08:37 24 Jun 2017

The way it works has changed. The screenshot is now saved to a folder on your Onedrive.

mohic 09:07 24 Jun 2017

Many thanks Mohic. Problem solved. I looked in OneDrive and there they were. What confused me was that there used to be a notification come up when one took a screenshot but now nothing appears. I was getting quite frustrated but now you have solved the problem.

BRYNIT 08:37 08 Oct 2017

For Snipping tool go to start, windows accessories you can then pin it to start or even the task bar.

mohic 10:58 11 Oct 2017

Many thanks to all who took the trouble to reply. your help is much appreciated and thus my problem is solved.

wee eddie 12:56 11 Oct 2017

Just tried:

Pressed Print Screen Key > then opened Paint 3D and Pasted > Saved that as a .jpg into my Pictures Folder.

Is that not what is working for you?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?