scf scannow

metalmicky 07:46 27 Jan 2008

Hi please can any one help can not get scf /scannow to run on vista ultimate type in cmd when box opens up r/click run as administrator then type in scf/scannow but it tells me scf is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file is it me am i missing something any help would be great thanks

anskyber 09:05 27 Jan 2008

Have you got the Vista DVD to so a srartup repair?
click here

Forum Editor 09:05 27 Jan 2008

Type this:

sfc /scannow

and you'll have no problem.

BurrWalnut 09:05 27 Jan 2008

Run the System File Checker (SFC not SCF) from an elevated Command Prompt, i.e. click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Command Prompt, then ‘Run as Administrator’. Type sfc /scannow (note the space) and press Enter. This may take some time and you may have to put the Vista DVD in the drive.

SFC appends its results to a log file named CBS.log, which is located in the \Windows\Logs\CBS folder. Use Notepad to read it (you may need to run Notepad as the Administrator). If there are errors, use ‘Find’ (Ctrl + F) to check for the words 'cannot repair'. Write down the names of the corrupted files and go here click here which shows how to copy from the Vista DVD any system files that SFC could not repair.

anskyber 09:05 27 Jan 2008

Good spot.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?