saving a web page in its entirety

littlejohn28 12:04 23 Mar 2014

I am using WINDOWS7 HOME PREMIUM and my operating system is APACHE OPENOFFICE4. What I would like to know what is the easiest fool proof way to save a WEB PAGE in its entirety, so that I can access it at a future date. I would also like to know if it is possible to delete the advertising material which often comes with and is printed on the same page around the material which I wish to keep. The reason I ask this is that sometimes I seem to be able to save the web page and sometimes I cannot, at other times I save it but cannot open the page to read it.
I would be grateful to anyone who can assist me. littlejohn28

Nontek 17:03 23 Mar 2014

As per Jock1e - in Win7 you should save if in Bookmarks. Open the required page and then left-click on Bookmarks in the Menu at the top of your Browser, you will then see the Option to Bookmark this page.

Nontek 17:05 23 Mar 2014

BTW - your Operating System is Windows 7, Apache Open Office is a simple Program, a bit like Windows Office Suite.

Batch 18:17 23 Mar 2014

Saving to Bookmarks / Favourites does not save the web page in its current state. It merely saves a pointer to where the web page is located on the Internet and what is saved at that location can (and does) change all the time.

If you want to save a snapshot of a web page you can usually right click in the page and use "Save As". This will store the necessary information on your disk and you can reload that information at a later date (but it does not always display quite as the original). Depending on which browser you are using the saved web page may be as a single file (Internet Explorer can do this) or a "package" of files.

As for the ads, install some ad blocker software.

cemopolat 11:25 24 Mar 2014

First of all Win7 is your operating system :)

If you want to ensure that a page is completely saved with its contents and you will not need to be online when viewing it, you'd better use Chrome and "print page to pdf"

You can do the same with other browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.), but in that case you will need third party tools to print content to .pdf file (Like PDFwriter)

If this is a main part of your business and need to organize the saved contents, search, share, mobile access etc; you'd better use a service like EverNote which is very popular.

Cemo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?