Saving of Login details for websites

Greengage 12:16 16 Jun 2016
Answered

I decided to try Dashlane, a password management program. I did not get on with it and so I uninstalled. Since then, every site I go to in order to login I have to insert email address/user and password. Even though I request this to be remembered I still have to install these details every time ie when login to PC Advisor. This did not happen before installing Dashlane - the relative details were stored on the "system" somehow. I am using Windows 10. Can anyone give me a solution as to how to restore to how it was in the past please?

Govan1x 17:30 16 Jun 2016

What Browser are you using. If you use C Cleaner that would probably delete them.

Greengage 20:19 16 Jun 2016

I use Firefox.I also use CCleaner but that only used to "delete" a few , leaving all the others in tact.

Govan1x 21:07 16 Jun 2016

Never had any problems with Firefox saving Usernames and passwords.

I would really check C Cleaner again. I don't use C Cleaner but I used to but cannot remember how to set it up.

That leaves Firefox Under security remember logins for sites should be ticked.

If you have clear history when Firefox closes ticked in privacy, open check setting and Active logins should be unticked.

Greengage 12:47 17 Jun 2016
Answer

Thanks very much Govan1x . It was Firefox - I have followed your instructions and everything is now back to normal. Thanks, again.

mole44 15:29 17 Jun 2016

I use avast password manager simple and it works for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?