Sage Instant Accounts & Vista won't load

jezfrench 22:23 02 Mar 2008

The box says it will work with vista, but it doesn't! Have phoned the help line who said to uncheck e-banking & ODBC & install it in a different place(not the program files)-it did install, but won't let me past the first set up screen saying access denied.Looks like I will have to phone them again, but does anyone know what to do(Tried running under xp SP2-no luck). Think this is very poor of Sage to release knowing there are faults & to not have a solution that works in with the box if it says it is compatible with Vista!

brundle 22:47 02 Mar 2008

Try right clicking the icon and select Run As Administrator

jezfrench 14:27 03 Mar 2008

Already tried that-still says "access denied"
but thanks

Hex314 09:45 08 Mar 2008

not to shure but i do know if it doesnt work ie as it says on the box it is false advertising and they are in breach of several laws, ask to speak to a teckie do as they say there and then dont wait untill they are of the phone or return the software to the manufacturer that will get them listening and if nothing else get you a new copy of your sage instant accounting, just in case your copy isnt working, but to be honest it doesnt sound like them not to give you a proper on the spot solution, aslo a wee chat to microsoft with the compatablity issue wouldnt hurt.

tullie 08:33 09 Mar 2008

Its up to the software vendor to make it compatible,not microsoft.

jezfrench 21:08 09 Mar 2008

Spent an hour & 20 with Sage help line, managed to load the program sucessfuly, but the ODBC still won't install-which means I can't print or preview anything! They have pased the buck saying it is a security issue-stopping it load. Have switched Norton off, but my PC had HP Credential Manager pre installed-have never used it so it is not initialised-could that interfere?

brundle 22:09 09 Mar 2008

No idea about the HP software, but you could try installing the problematic elements using the hidden `super administrator` account; click here

Disable the account once you've used it, continue to use right click/run as admin with your Sage software

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone