Running Microsoft flight sim 2004 in windows 10

beaky94 20:13 20 Aug 2015

Having successfully upgraded from windows 7 to 10 I was disappointed to find that flight simulator 2004 will not run. Initially I received an error message telling me to run the programme as an administrator so I checked the appropriate box within the compatibility tab. Now I get the User Account Control box popping up asking if I want the computer to make the changes. I answer yes, nothing happens and when I click the shortcut again I get the UAC box asking the same question. If I select a compatibility with an older OS I still get this message. Has anyone got any ideas please

martd7 21:44 20 Aug 2015

Have a look on this forum

click here

beaky94 17:23 21 Aug 2015

Thanks for the suggestions. Have no got FS2004 running along with most of my add on software. The fix I used was to patch to no cd, this worked a treat.

phillip22 00:50 13 Oct 2015

please help i get same error what is patch 2 cd?

beaky94 14:56 13 Oct 2015

Hi.

go to this link:

click here is the one I used. This works with FS 2004 v9.1 but if you have FS2004 v9.0 there is a link shown on the page to the download that will work with that version. Once you have downloaded the file drag it onto your desktop then open the programme FS9 from file explorer and put the downloaded file in this folder. It will ask you if you want to overwrite the existing application file, answer yes, just to be sure do a reboot and off you go. Run fs 2004 as you normally do but DON'T put CD 4 in the CD tray.

Hope this works for you

Steve

This

davidcam 22:35 22 Oct 2015

I had the same problem with Windows 7. Flight Sim 2004 used to work fine, so there must have been a Windows update that stopped it working. I updated to version 9.1 with the Microsoft download, then applied the "no cd" fix and it works fine now WITHOUT CD4 !

click here

davidcam 22:38 22 Oct 2015

... the 9.1 "no CD" download is here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?