Retreive mail and contacts from windows.old

amoretto 23:59 09 Jun 2007

Hi, I have recently received Vista instalation. There was an option just to update on windows XP or start a clean instalation. Since I had no enough space on partition where there is already xp I decided to go with clean instalation over xp. Vista was installed and windows xp was put to folder windows.old. Problem is that I forgot to backup my mails and contacts from Outlook express and now new "Windows mail" is empty and I can't find way to import my old mails and contacts. Please help. Thanks

BurrWalnut 15:13 10 Jun 2007

You will have to use File, Import in Windows Mail for both the mailboxes and contacts. Follow the Import prompts that refer to Outlook Express. You may have to ‘Show hidden files’ in Folder Options to display the names when importing.

Unless you’ve changed the store location for mail boxes, it’s the usual one: C:\Windows\Application Data\Identities\{Long CLSID}\Microsoft\Outlook Express. (in windows.old)

I can’t remember the location of the Address Book so just search for *.wab in the windows.old folder.

amoretto 01:15 11 Jun 2007

Accurate and working advice.
Thank you very much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?