Resource conflict

lenphy 07:48 24 Mar 2010

I have recently purchased a Dell Studio 1558 laptop running windows 7.

In order to connect an external drive (firewire) and camcorder to my laptop I purchased a ST Lab Express Card Combo USB 2.0 + IEEE 1394a.

If I boot up and once up and running plug the express card in it is not recognised.

If I insert the express card then boot up a beep is sounded and the following message displayed:

Resource conflict – PCI in slot OA Bus:0.5, device:001, Function:00 to proceed press F1

On pressing F1 the computer starts up with no problems and the Express card works. The components plugged in then work ok.

What do I have to do to make this express card work properly?

T0SH 16:36 29 Mar 2010

Have you tried the Dell utilities that come with Dell laptops they are often on a utility partition there may be a way to allocate resources in there

The other route to try is in the Dell forums odds on someone else has had the same problem and with a bit of luck may have come up with a solution

The other thing I would try is when prompted to press F1 try pressing F2 to enter setup then exit saving changes, may well be all that is required to store the new resource setting in the cmos memory and thereby avoid the resorce conflict error

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?