Resetting W8.1 back to factory default mode!

spuds 11:33 06 Jan 2015
Answered

Having recently purchased a Tesco/Connect 7 tablet, which as Microsoft W8.1 pre-installed, that I now want to return back to its original pre-purchase condition.

I have gone through the routine of resetting via control panel, change pc settings etc, but require further advice.

At the 'final' onscreen option, I am given the choice of selecting a complete wipe of the system ( for resale purpose) or just removing files etc. Both apparently might take some time to complete, according to the onscreen instructions, and will require mains power.

I haven't really installed much, except an initial setting up, with possible errors, hence wanting to go back to original factory mode.

Any help or advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated, because I assume that the methods for tablet, desktop, laptop would be the same for Windows 8.1, but I want to be sure, with guidance.

spuds 13:53 06 Jan 2015
Answer

I have just returned back from the local Tesco superstore, and the person on the tablet/phone counter, provided further instruction.

Will tick, but please add further to the above request,if you so wish!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?