Replace laptop backup image help

WolfTamer0902 06:49 21 Jun 2017

Ok so i got a laptop from one of those pawn shops. When I got it it was working fine then after less than 24 hours the internet cut off and when I turn the internet back on it immidatliy turned back off. I have seen this virus on my old all in one. So I scaned my laptop with avira and malwarebytes. When it came back with nothing I knew something was wrong so I reset it. After that it worked for less than a day before the previous events repeated themselves this time I noticed that avira saw a threat then quickly removed it this had never happened on any of my old computers. So I reset it again hoping I had just got something offline again. It repeated in under 24 hours. This led me to beleive that I got a computer with a backup image that included the virus. Now I need to figure out how to change the back up image for my laptop. I have a friend who is decent in computers and she has a desktop so I dont know if we could make a backup image on her computer and put it on mine or what. Sorry its long but i figured the info would help maybe. Thank you for your help in advance.

Jollyjohn 15:40 21 Jun 2017

No a back up image from a different PC will not install on your PC. I would reccomend a fresh clean install of Windows. Some details of the laptop would help and which version of Windows is installed?

BRYNIT 17:06 21 Jun 2017

As Jollyjohn has said the backup image from a computer will not work on your laptop. If you let us know the make and model of your laptop and what OS has been installed some one may have a suggestion.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?