Removing W8 frrom new PC and installing W7

ianjg3 16:49 16 Aug 2013

Recently bought a new Medion PC with W8 installed. Big Mistake, can't get my head round it.

I would like to get rid of the W8 from the machine and install W7. I have a legit copy ready (off old PC). Is this possible? would appreciate any comments.

BRYNIT 21:28 16 Aug 2013

Is your problem with the win8 start screen if so have a read of How To Bring Back Original Windows 7 Explorer Shell In Windows 8 CLICK HERE

ianjg3 22:02 16 Aug 2013

Thanks BRYNIT for your suggestion. I have been able to use the W7 look alike start although I can't say I'm happy with the whole process and would much prefer to discard W8 from the PC and install a complete W7. My problem is, will this be feasible or would I wreck my almost new PC (at the moment I'm using my second PC which has W7 installed). Originally in buying the new PC I thought it would be useful in keeping up with technology but I just can't get to grips with W8.

I did notice today that W8.1 is coming out in October with several modifications and if it was to be a major problem to do what I suggested an alternative may be to wait until October and see how 8.1 fits in.

rdave13 22:23 16 Aug 2013

ianjg3 , use a search engine on Win 8.

This might help.

ianjg3 14:04 17 Aug 2013

Many thanks Jock1e and rdave13 for your suggestions and taking the time to help. You give me more confidence in dealing with my problems and hopefully eliminating them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires