Remember: RC1 is Vista Ultimate for the CPP'ers

powerless 21:13 18 Sep 2006

If you obtained Vista through the Customer Preview Program [ click here ] then you are running Vista Ultimate [the highest version of Vista and most expensive].

However, when you eventually buy Vista you may not not decide to buy the Ultimate version and so may find that certain features are missing.

I think through MSDN, TechNet, TAP and connect you can obtained Product Keys for certain versions so you can actually unlock all the features of say Home Premium. But you can't do this on the CPP.

So when you do come to make that Vista purchase don't assume you'll get all of Ultimates features [if you don't buy Ultimate that is].

I think this will still apply but just double check what you are getting when you hand over the cash click here

anskyber 09:03 19 Sep 2006

Funnily enough I assumed the same thing since it would be reasonable to expect the RC to be displayng all the features.

The FE in his response said "It's a release candidate, which means exactly that - a candidate to be the release version. It's rare for the gold code to be exactly the same as the first release candidate, there are almost always some alterations to the final version."

So it could be but it might not is my interpretation of his reply! Your point is nonetheless well made and I think Home Premium is likely to be for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?