Reinstall windows 10 after windows 7 pro

Pchealth123 10:50 04 Jun 2017

We got a nee computer with windows 10. Didn't like it so installed Windows 7 professional. Works ok except drivers disappeared for both the usb ports and internet. Tried to find drivers via laptop and saved them to cd/dvd. Not recognised. Given up, now reinstalling Windows 10 which is backed up on a Flash Drive. Been through BIOS menu and got to the point of seeing a menu with various options to repair PC. Tried them all. Tried flash drive in all ports and searched for it via Device Manager etc. Not finding it. Any suggestions? Thank you, Gemma

qwbos 12:03 04 Jun 2017

Easiest option is probably to start from scratch and install Creators Update from click here can either try Update Now or use the download tool to create an installation DVD. I'd suggest the DVD route if the laptop's already messed up. The installation process should install all necessary drivers.

You

Govan1x 13:11 04 Jun 2017

Laptop usually has 1st boot set as CD/DVD I am not 100% sure but I believe you have to get the laptop to start with Flash drive as 1st boot and Not the other.

But like I said not 100% sure as never tried it.

Govan1x 13:16 04 Jun 2017

Sorry never noticed that your usb ports not working so ignore that.

q33ny 13:56 04 Jun 2017

Windows 10 finds most of the drivers after you update it to the latest update. If still nothing please tell us the model of your laptop to direct you to the right drivers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:16 04 Jun 2017

Enter BIOS - set boot mode to legacy boot- if your flash drive back up is bootable then boot the machine with the drive plugged in.

If not then make the media tool and the win10 iso as suggested above (this will make the USB stick bootable. Then boot with the stick in a port.

Govan1x 17:50 04 Jun 2017

Try using a PS2 mouse or keyboard to see if that works ok. Take it the USB mouse will not work.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires