Recovery drive on windows 10

anniesboy68 12:26 06 Sep 2017

I have just created yet another recovery drive. Although there is no problem now, what is the procedure should I need the drive. On previous occasions I put the drive in, reboot and nothing happens. so I then have to make alternative arrangements to get back to square one. Can anyone advise on this, please. anniesboy68

alanrwood 12:39 06 Sep 2017

Really need more info on how you create the recovery drive and onto what medium.

Are you making the recovery drive bootable.

Are you changing the boot order in the BIOS when trying to user it.

anniesboy68 13:24 06 Sep 2017

Its on a usb stick. Just followed the instructions i.e put usb stick in and click on recovery. It formatted the drive and then proceeded with putting info on drive

anniesboy68 16:07 06 Sep 2017

Been onto the Dell site, all sorted. Thanks for the interest

john bunyan 19:12 06 Sep 2017

Fine as a recovery drive. For a full back up of all programs, etc, I would use an imaging program like Macrium Reflect and a USB HD drive of the same size as your PC's HD. They are about £50 but well worth it as a "full" back up.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)