Recovering my lost photos and files after using duplicate finder

AndyPrendergast 05:06 02 May 2015

Duplicate File Finder Has Deleted Non-Duplicate Files On My desktop which I saved in a folder. There were photos, music, work files etc. I have been able to recover some of my photos but not all as my computer made a restore point straight after these were deleted. I would like to know if it is possible to find these photos in any hidden folders or areas of the computer without having to wait for my 11 hour deep scan to finish using Recuva software tool.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 08:06 02 May 2015

you makes your duplicate file finder there are alot of programs with that name?

have you looked in the recycle bin?

mole1944 08:28 02 May 2015

Should have made a copy first then in the event your back to square on.

Secret-Squirrel 09:00 02 May 2015

Andy, which version of Windows are you using? If it's 7 then you may be able to restore your files quickly and easily without using any third-party software.

AndyPrendergast 16:06 02 May 2015

Thanks for the responses, however : @Fruit Bat /\0/\ - it was called duplicate file finder the program and of course i looked in the recycle bin but is not there. @mole1944 - Hindsight is a wonderful thing, however not very helpful at this moment. @Secret-Squirrel - I am using windows 7 yes... I've recovered some files but files and photos from 2010 I cannot get. I used Recova over night and it found a lot of files, mostly broken/ corrupted, and having to look through all files found would take at least a week. After I used duplicate file finder, it automatically created a restore point after it finished so i don't know what else I could do...

Secret-Squirrel 17:23 02 May 2015

".... On My desktop which I saved in a folder......I am using windows 7 yes..."

Right-click the affected folder -> Properties -> "Previous Versions" tab. I'm hoping that you'll get a selection of folders to restore. If you do then inspect the dates, click on the most appropriate one, click the "Copy" button and choose a location that's not your Desktop.

Good luck.

AndyPrendergast 17:30 02 May 2015

Tried that and was able to get some back, appreciate your help anyway ! just looks like i am going to have to finish recuva and do it the long way.

Secret-Squirrel 18:16 02 May 2015

I've had good results with Recuva - hope you do to.

rdave13 21:04 02 May 2015

Once you've finished with Recuva then, for photos, there is a program called CampicRestor. First create a destination folder and run Campic and point to the folder. Be aware that it will restore all images even icos so it might take some time and space, depending on your drive's size.

I've only got a direct link only.

click here

itextrat 08:08 07 May 2015

Stop using your computer, otherwise you might overwrite your deleted files and they will be lost forever. Install and use Recuva. It's fast and will recover your files.

Bailifei 02:54 14 May 2015

How many files you've lost? You know the recovering time depends on the size of the lost files. If recuva takes too much time, you can try "easus data recovery freeware" or "R-undelete". I have used easus free recover for once. It got a "quick scan" on the partition where the files were stored. It takes you less time to do the job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?