Reboot Windows 8

Patrick16 10:50 01 Mar 2013

Trying to load Serif software (Pageplus11) I am told that I must Reboot the system to resolve a problem. I turned the machine (Dell Inspiron laptop)off and on again but with no change. How do I reboot under Windows 8?

rdave13 11:26 01 Mar 2013

To reboot, cursor to right corner, select settings in the charms bar, power icon and select restart.

chub_tor 16:04 01 Mar 2013

According to the Serif Compatibility List PagePlus11 has not been tested to see if it will work with Win 7 or Win 8. Did you install it in Compatibility Mode?

Patrick16 15:42 02 Mar 2013

Thanks for your advice chub_tor but the advice of rdave13 worked. Thanks to rdave13 PagePlus 11 is now working on my Laptop. I thought that selecting "shutdown" and then restarting the PC would be exactly the same as "restart" but restart as advised works while I had already tried shutdown. Am I missing something? Thanks again to you both. Patrick16

rdave13 20:20 02 Mar 2013

Shutting down clears all info in ram, rebooting gives a different signal to the hardware, so I imagine it's to do with stored info in ram when needing to reboot (not shutting down) to allow installation. Just a guess :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?