readyboost

janeme 14:27 11 Nov 2007

Hi, i hope someone can help me please,i have a gateway laptop running windows vista home premium 32 bit,now someone said if i bought a pen drive i could boost my memory from 1GB to 3GB or even 4GB,& that i could still use it for trasfering files from home to work,so i bought a sandisk cruzer 4GB, when inserting the pen drive i was asked how much i would like to use so i believe it was something like 3.68GB,well ive been trying for days now to copy files over to it but it says there is no space to do this,someone surgested to delete the readyboost file but it says i need permission ? but im logged in as a administrator so i dont understand plus in my computer it says i have a removible drive & also a cd drive (i.e f:\ & g:\) which both belong to the sandisk cruzer pen drive,please how can i start to use the pen drive as a removable drive again & get rid of readyboost as i dont think it has made any difference to my laptop...thank you Jane.

anskyber 15:53 11 Nov 2007

In 'Computer' rightclick your memory stick, choose 'Properties' and go
to the tab 'ReadyBoost'. Choose the option 'Do not use this device' and
Ok your way out. Now format the stick again.

janeme 20:43 13 Nov 2007

Hi,anskyber, Thank you so much, i followed the instuctions & it is now done,thank you again for your speedy help, & im very sorry for taking so long to reply but ive been very busy... Jane

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?