Prompting installation error.

A n U s H a 08:17 27 Jun 2007

I’m using windows Vista Enterprise version. I tried to install application which developed in Visual Basic 6.0. While installing it prompts error message saying I don’t have access to register MSXML.DLL. But I logged as machine administrator. Please help me to solve this.

Thank in advance,
Anusha.

ventanas 09:14 27 Jun 2007

It doesn't matter what level of user you logged on as, you will always run as a standard user, this is normal for Vista.

Try right-clicking the setup file and choose Run as administrator.

A n U s H a 09:25 27 Jun 2007

Thanks for you advice.

But that didn’t solve my problem. Actually the error message prompting when installation progress bar reaching to 100%. I tried to register that DLL file manually, but that also failed. Will that be an incompatibility issue?

Thanks for your advice.

But that didn’t solve my problem. Actually the error message prompting when installation progress bar reaching to 100%. I tried to register that DLL file manually, but that also failed. Will that be an incompatibility issue?

Thanks for your advice.

anskyber 10:04 27 Jun 2007

It could be a compatibility issue although this click here suggests it should work. Perhaps it's a legacy issue for a file produced in XP?

A n U s H a 11:25 27 Jun 2007

I have developed that software on Windows 2000 and did some modifications on XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone