Problems with my Windows 7 installation

Im trying to install windows 7 Home Premium on my Computer but Its not working. Everytime I start the installation, the computer switches off with the message Windows failed to start. It then prompt me to insert the disc and do a repair but the repair also fails. I just don`t know what to do My computer is ACER all in one, Thanks a lot

xania 10:02 20 Dec 2013

I assume that you are installing Windows from a proprietary DVD via the internal DVD player on your Acer. If so, the problem must lie with the DVD, the DVD player or your Hard disk. Loads of questions before I can advise further:

How far do you get before the failure message occurs? Why are you re-installing in the first place? What version of Windows are you trying to install, and what's already on the machine? Does the current Windows installation load? Have you tried the 'reset to factory settings'? Can you successfully read other DVD's?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:03 20 Dec 2013
  1. go into My profile at the top of this page and change your name to something other than your email address or you will be spammed to death :0) not a good idea to use your email on an open forum.

2. Did the machine come with windows preinstalled? I suggest that a facory rest is the first way to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?