Problems intsalling Microsoft Synctoy Windows 10

sannnesley 21:37 18 Apr 2017

Got a new PC up and running with Windows 10 on it. The previous PC was running Windows 7. I was using Microsoft SyncToy to back up and mirror files like photos and other docs. Itried to install SyncToy on Windows 10 but ran into issues.

I got the following error: "This setup required the .NET framework version 2.0.50727. Please install the .NET framework and run this setup again" I downloaded the version of the .NET framework the install was looking for but Windows 10 won't let me install it since there is a newer version installed on the PC.

Is there any way I can get around this so I can install SyncToy on the PC? If it's not possible to install SyncToy can anyone suggest any good alternatives?

sannnesley 19:06 19 Apr 2017

Thanks for the reply. I had already seen a similar solution and tried it. I went and clicked the checkbox to turn on the Windows .NET Framework 3.5. When I hit OK it searches for the required files but then tells me that Windows needs files from Windows Update to finish installing some features.

So I hit the download Windows files button and it teels me Windows couldn't compete the required function. It reports the error code "0x800F081F" and none of the features have installed.

Has anybody any workarounds for this?

sannnesley 20:08 19 Apr 2017

The same .NET framework is required for a cycling computer of mine as well that I tried to install on my PC. Surely if it's a common piece of software Microsoft must have a solution for this?

sannnesley 20:12 19 Apr 2017

I tried downloading the .NET frameork version 3.5 and installing it. Windows reported the same error as the original error ....grrrrrr

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?