Problem with Vista Downlod

birdface 07:57 20 Sep 2006

Hi,System wont let me download Vista,Possible Firewall error,When trying to download,Box pops up with,not connected to the internet,I use zone Alarm,And when red box appeared and said danger, someone trying to enter port section,Advice was not to let it enter, so refused it, And I think this may be the problem, Have tried running it with Firewall turned off, but no luck,I have sent away for CD,But I think it takes 2or3 weeks for delivery, Was wondering if there was any way of rectifying the Firewall setting, Also anybody tell me if you have to re-format computer to install it, Or is it just an up-grade, Not to clever on computers, just learning,

anskyber 09:42 20 Sep 2006

To be honest if you are not too clever on computers then you should think before trying a beta operating system. danger lurks there for you.

The ZA warning can be checked by choosing the more info /properties (I think it says that) and you can see if it is as a result of Microsoft. I really would however wait for the final version of Vista, the MS warns strongly on this point.

anskyber 09:43 20 Sep 2006

should have been...the MS site warns etc

birdface 13:55 20 Sep 2006

Hi anskyber.I normally check for more info site with ZA, But 8 out of 10 times it does not have any more information, Even with well known products, All it does is advice you not to allow, And if the program you are trying to open, does not work, then allow it the next time,I know I probably should not download Vista, But got to learn somehow, Can't alway's rely on other folk to help out, Hope you will be about to pick up the pieces, Thanks.

birdface 15:47 20 Sep 2006

Hi Anskyber.Thought that I had better check again to make sure that it was Ok to download Vista,Of course you were right ,would have faced a lot of problems. Vista upgrade reccomends that i only upgrade to Home Basic, So looks as though I will be hanging on to my home edition,As far as I know, the disc that I order'd only gives you the full edition ,Oh well, just learned another lesson, Thanks for your help,Can now close this ,and class as resolved

anskyber 20:13 20 Sep 2006

To be honest I think you have been very wise. Thank you for the compliment but I have held back from downloading Vista because I know my IT limits. like you I shall do it at the right time and you never know we can help each other out if needed!

birdface 18:00 21 Sep 2006

Hi, Well anskyber, if you ever need my help ,I will know you are desperate,I have a look around here most day's , And pick up some new way's of safeguarding my computer,It's like going to school again and doing what teacher tell's you.I still have a lot to learn, But in the best school to learn it,Thanks to all , That give there help to newbie's like me,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?