A problem with my user administration

CallMeKnuckles 02:49 19 May 2017

So, I once had a program that stopped working. I used multiple methods to get it working, but all failed. One of these involves me creating an account with no email and giving it administration duty. This didn't work. And while I ended up getting the program working, I forgot the password and I haven't been able to get administration again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:04 19 May 2017

op system?

win 8 - 10

Right click start - command prompt (admin)

type net user administrator /active:yes press enter

type exit.

restart the machine and log into the hidden admin account that should now show on the log in screen.

go to accounts and change the password on the account you set up.

to disable the hidden admin type net user administrator /active:no in command prompt (admin)

CallMeKnuckles 22:35 29 May 2017

That gives me System Error 5, though. Every solution I can find depends on you being the administrator, which I cannot be.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?