PROBLEM WITH GET INTO WINDOWS

RobertTudor 19:47 24 Jan 2015

Hello guys! I have a problem with my pc. Last night my DOTA2 froze and I have to restart from the button.After restart and after windows XP logo with loading, when to get into windows nothing happens black screen, hdd stop working and remains like this. I.ve tried to use recoverhy console with a XP cd but when I.m in the console and asked me "which Windows do you want to log into?" and press 1 it remains frozen. I've tried even to install new windows, but after the setup loading files and pops the question to install or recover, after press enter, it says windows is "checking for previous instalation of windows" it frozes again. What should I do? Please help!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:07 24 Jan 2015

Tap f8 as it boots if you get the menu up use command propt

type chkdsk /f/r

press enter.

RobertTudor 21:04 24 Jan 2015

Tried almost everything in the F8 menu , safe mode, command prompt, last known, and everytime after loading it gets black screen and somehow my hdd stop thinking

RobertTudor 21:25 24 Jan 2015

I've tried to do chkdsk /f/r from the the windows recovery from the windows cd but after I get into the console recovery it askes me which windows do I want to log into, I press 1 and it freezes.

RobertTudor 22:28 24 Jan 2015

anybody???

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:15 24 Jan 2015

Repair XP by install over the top of existing system

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

1. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

1. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

2. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

3. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP click here it cannot find the windows installation to repair DO NOT Install windows as this will wipe all your data**, data will need to be recovered before reinstalling windows

**If

RobertTudor 15:19 25 Jan 2015

AFTER I 1.Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations,when searching for existing Windows it freeze, and remains like that and hard stop working, It freeze everytime I do an action about this windows I have already.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 25 Jan 2015

Doesn't look repairable in that case.

Do you have data you wish to extract off the drive first before wipng the drive and doing a clean install?

Only other thing I can think of ist to put the drive in a caddy attach to another PC and run checkdisk on the drive then retry in the original PC.

from anther PC type

chkdsk x: /f /r

from a command prompt where x is the letter of the external drive.

RobertTudor 17:35 25 Jan 2015

yes I have 14000 mp3s selected and I don;t want to lose them. I tried to install now a Windows 7 but when get to Start Installing Windows it freeze. I think my hdd it's fkd up but I don't get it how it let me run the instalation but then, when installing, it freezes.

RobertTudor 17:53 25 Jan 2015

it freezes only the instalation but I can move the mouse and now I get into command prompt from win7 instalation and run chkdsk /f/r

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?