probelm with PCTOOLS Registry Mechanic 7

darkknight86 18:30 03 Jul 2008

I am running Vista Home PREM on Compaq Presario
with DUAL CORE Duo 2 E6550 2.33
and have been running Registry Mechanic with no bother it has suddenly decided not to open and
windows tells me it is not working I have tried to repair and reinstall making sure the registry
has be removed before I do
I have installed service pack 1 about 10 days ago
and had probelm with blue screen and win32search.i
trojan from my sons pc files
I have installed another registry editor but I liked registry mechanic and was just wondering what I could do?
Thanks

FatboySlim71 09:11 04 Jul 2008

I use Registry Mechanic with Vista SP1 and I have had no problems.

The only thing I can suggest is that you use click here

Revo uninstaller is far better IMO than the Window's own add/remove program. Once you have installed Revo and you run it, you will then be shown a window that shows all your installed programs, if you left click (ONCE) on the Registry Mechanic program, next click the UNINSTALL tab at the top of the screen, you will then be shown a SELECT AN UN-INSTALL MODE window. You need to choose the ADVANCED OPTION (which is the bottom option).

After it has completed un-installing Registry Mechanic, it will then do a thorough search of your PC for any left over parts that relate to Registry Mechanic.

Once this has completed and you DELETE ONLY THE BOLD ENTRIES you then need to restart your PC and re-install Registry Mechanic.

winkyG 14:26 30 Sep 2008

I regulary use Digeus registry cleaner for several month.

I took it for here: click here

It's quite nice for Vista. If you don't forget to backup your registry before you fix it, you will never have problems with registry cleaners.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie