Prob With Windows Mail

[email protected] 08:33 24 Apr 2007

I am having problems with one of my BT accounts in windows mail, I can receive to it but unable to send. when I try to send from this particular account windows security pops up requesting my user name and password so I enter the details but it keeps popping up with the same request, I have checked settings in the mail account and all is fine even my user name and password is stored,
This is the only account that is giving me a problem the other 4 accounts are all working fine; this one has also worked ok for 5 months but has just stopped working for no reason

anskyber 09:29 24 Apr 2007

I had a similar problem with my Outlook account, in the end I did a system restore and all was well.

[email protected] 09:59 24 Apr 2007

Thanks anskyber

Tried that no joy, have also uninstalled nis 2007 deleted all email accounts then re-entered the accounts and then re-installed nis 2007 all was ok for 1 day then back to the scenario of unable to send from that one account

setecio 17:33 29 Apr 2007

There's various settings that can affect this, I can't remember which but look for
'my server requires authentication'

There may be other settings to try - all within tools - email accounts - and somewhere in there, maybe an advanced option.

Mac 10:36 05 May 2007

I also use BT Internet with Windows Mail. You must turn on SMTP authentication by selecting [in Windows Mail] tools/accounts then highlight the mail account and click on properties. Select the 'servers' tab and insert a tick in the 'my SMTP server requires authentication' box. For more info. follow this link click here (although it doesn't specifically advise about Windows Mail).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?