Printer HP Officejet 7130 & Ipaq 2200 Drivers

SteveWH 12:49 27 Jan 2007

Hi, I have ordered a new PC from Evesham which will come with Vista Premium.

I am just backing up my documents etc to an external HD and at the same time gathering drivers for my peripherals.

Can anyone tell me if my priter will have full functionality with the drivers installed in Vista? When XP came out I eventually had to change my printer as HP never issued a fully functional driver. I hope I won't be left in the lurch again (this printer was not cheap!)

Also can anyone tell me if my PPC will work? Is there an active sync version that will work with it?

Many thanks

Kate B 14:33 27 Jan 2007

Why don't you run the Upgrade Advisor, which is available via the Microsoft website? Seems the obvious thing to do.

SteveWH 19:03 27 Jan 2007

Thanks for your response I have run the advisor which does not identify any issue with the printer but that tool will not answer whether full functionality will be available through the drivers which are a part of Vista.

Just wondering if anyone has the same printer I know it's a long shot and I'll know soon enough!

As for the ipaq the scan shows that the Active Sync I have will not work in Vista and I can only find a beta version on Microsoft which doesn't mention my PPC OS.

No sweat always worth seeing if someone has been there before saves time but all will be revealed next week.

SteveWH 09:44 30 Jan 2007

It looks as if HP has ditched users once again including a basic driver in Vista which will probably mean losing most of the function that I bought the machine for in the first place. The advice on their website if you want these functions buy a new printer!!!

They also advise using the vista Fax and Scanning program which I believe is only included in the business and ultimate versions.

I wish PCA would take them to task they did the same when XP came out. My printer is not old and has years of life left it cost £300+.

Quote:

You might find that some of the advanced features are no longer available when using this basic driver. You can upgrade to an HP product that is fully compatible with Windows Vista if the advanced features are necessary.

To help you decide what product to upgrade to, the following tool will be helpful as you make your decision:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?