printer drivers location

conrail 16:47 31 Dec 2008

just got a new pc with vista home premium 64 bit, downloaded the correct drivers, click here
but when I plug the printer in it cannot locate the driver, can somebody please advise me on where the driver will be installed to, being new to vista I am not sure and doing a run/search brings up epsons web pages, all help gratefully accepted

anskyber 17:48 31 Dec 2008

Follow the instructions after expanding the bit on manufacturers website.

click here

anskyber 17:57 31 Dec 2008

Sorry that may not help.

Download the drivers again, this time choose save. Select a location (eg. my documents) and save it there.

Click on the printers button in the start area, it's on the right after clicking on the start globe. At the top choose add a printer then go through the steps in the add printer wizard. It will ask you where the drivers are and choose them from where you saved them to.

100andthirty 07:28 01 Jan 2009

When I followed the link I got a page with an Epson print utility, not a printer driver. When i used Epsons, you had to download the driver, and then run the downloaded file. The programme would prompt you to plug in the printer

anskyber 10:08 01 Jan 2009

is right, the drivers are here. click here

conrail 13:25 03 Jan 2009

thanks 100andthirty and anskyber, all sorted, I appreciate your help, sorry in the delay in replying

ol blueeyes 16:49 06 Jan 2009

When I first installed Vista I plugged in Printer turned it on and Vista AUTOMATICALLY installed Drivers for me and all worked AOK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?