Previewing pics

Technoob 05:35 01 Jan 2008

How do you preview the pics in a folder like u were able to in xp???? I mean as in when u open the folder, you can see the thumbnails and can tell what pic is where

tullie 08:58 01 Jan 2008

When i open a folder containing photos,i get thumbnails,what do you get?

aine 14:04 01 Jan 2008

When using Picasso, I always get the pictures displayed after opening the folder.The same happens in Windows photo gallery

Technoob 04:23 02 Jan 2008

heres what happens when i open a folder containing pics, like i wanna see what the pic is instead theres some default image that comes or all of them, is there anyway to change it to show pics?

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

Jim_F 22:25 03 Jan 2008

On the menu bar you should be able to switch to whatever size of icon you want - any oprion except list.

Performance Options/Visual Effects in Control Panel will also need to have show thumbnails instead of icons ticked.

Hex314 09:54 04 Jan 2008

Select one of your picture files and right click Properties change the programe to opens with windows photo gallary thats for one of the files to see if it has selected that. I recon whatever other photo program you have has taken over control of you photos it is a common feature but looking further into it you can select how you want to view your photos in the options of opening the "Control Panel\AutoPlay" use your search and type, Control Panel\AutoPlay, and then change to windows photo Gallary in the photo options.

Hex314 10:21 04 Jan 2008

how daft am i, i forgot too add, goto control panel, select folder options and select view click restore defaults.....

Technoob 06:08 09 Jan 2008

got it, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?