please help with blue screen of beath

chaoso 01:58 20 Apr 2013

Hey all i'm running on vista 32 bit and is approximately 5 years old. as of recently i've been running multiple programs at the same time which seems to have cause my pc to automatically turn off than on. after a few times of the pc turning off than on I got the blue screen of death. I tried to reinstall the os and it just kept giving me error messages. Some of the errors are 0x000000c2, 0x0000007e, 0x000000di. I than figured since I couldn't reinstall windows vista i would replace the hard drive and try again. Unfortunately that plan didn't work either and i kept getting the same error messages. Also i'm unable to start the pc in safemode so i cann't even go to a restore point. Help please.. how can I test to see if its the MoBo or chip? I just find it weird that even with a new hard drive I can't install windows vista.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:27 20 Apr 2013

Bad pool error - DRIVERIRQLNOTLESSOR_EQUAL are you errors

this normal points to a bad driver

however I suggest as you cannot get it to boot in safe mode you remove one stick of memory at a time and retry.

chaoso 02:33 22 Apr 2013

hey guys thanks for responding back to my plea for help. I tried taking out the ram one at a time and unfortunately that didn't work. it still wont boot in safe mode and it still wont reinstall the os from the reinstall disk. I also tried swapping out the old Hard drive with a new one bought from the store,, a 500gb seagate. It still wont reinstall the os. I keep getting bsod saying windows had to shut down.. but how can windows shut down when its a brand new hard drive and i can't even install windows on it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)