Photo Edition s/w - What's the best for Vista pls?

AngeTheHippy 17:41 27 Apr 2009

Hi All,
I've got PaintShopPro and PhotoShop on my old XP pc and am looking for a good Photo Editing s/w for the new Lappy - Vista Home Premium 32bit. Can I have suggestions please?

Thanks

AngeTheHippy
xx

Kevscar1 19:49 27 Apr 2009

Stick with PSP works fine on my Vista

AngeTheHippy 20:57 27 Apr 2009

I'd love to, but when I go to the Corel website to get the updates it appears they don't have 10.1 as it's too old! Can't afford at the mo to purchase the latest edition either...

x

Kevscar1 07:10 28 Apr 2009

go here for updates

click here

AngeTheHippy 08:47 28 Apr 2009

and many thanks for your suggestions.

I've been to the site AND d/loaded the 10.01 patch. HOWEVER, for some odd reason I can't fathom out, it slows then freezes PSP. I've installed and uninstalled both items twice already, as the same thing happened both times. It's really annoying, as I didn't have the problem on the PC which runs on XP.

Ange
xx

Kevscar1 18:26 28 Apr 2009

try running as administrator.
let us know if that works

AngeTheHippy 09:07 29 Apr 2009

thanks for your response. I think I know WHY (possibly!) PSP didn't like the 10.1 update - could it be I hadn't CLOSED PSP when installing the update?? Just tried again BUT closed PSP before updating, and ... VOILA!! Works like a dream. It seems quite a bit faster to when opening PSP!

Thanks everyone for your help with this. I MUST remember that when applying an update that's been downloaded, it's important to CLOSE the application when applying.

Ange
xxx

Kevscar1 18:47 29 Apr 2009

yeah it does help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017