Pc restarts when opening WoW

vandallist 15:33 01 May 2014

Hello! I am having this problem like 3-4 days already.. At first when i start world of wacraft i could play it for like 20-30 minutes, sometimes even more, and then BOOM pc restarts. But from today i can't even open it. I Just double click the icon and as soon as game shows i get restart. There is some kind of noise (seems like electricity) i think it's from PSU, right before pc restarts. Not sure if that's normal.. I use a lot Adobe after effects, Sony Vegas, etc.. And i never get restart while rendering or editing, however when i try to open this game i get restart. I think temperatures are not the issue because i get only restart when opening THIS particular game.

Bris 19:18 01 May 2014

Running a game will put a lot of pressure on both your PSU and graphics card whereas video rendering is heavy on processing power which wont stress your PSU.

You are probably correct in suspecting your PSU as it sounds as if its giving up the struggle.

If the PSU is a non branded version that came with the PC then its probably not up to the job especially if you have upgraded your graphics card. If you consider replacing the PSU then I would recommend one of 650 watts minimum of a known brand but first it may be worth determining if the noise is coming from the PSU or graphics card but dont take too long as if its the PSU thats failing then it could take the rest of the PC with it when it finally blows.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone