Passwords on vista premium

tobyjug472002 12:09 20 Aug 2007

I appreciate Vista is security compliant, but its very annoynig to have to enter your password to do any little thing, even like dropping an unwanted file in the trash can, is there anyway you can store your password to enable to work on the PC without getting asked for your password for every little action you take, its getting to me at least with XP you had the choice whether to store your windows, and internet connection password...i live alone, so there is nobody else that has any access to my PC, any help or suggestions, or do i just scap vista and revert back to XP?

Thanks

DJ Techz 13:06 20 Aug 2007

You could disable User Account Control

tobyjug472002 13:11 20 Aug 2007

I must be slightly dumb regarding Vista, possibly because many of the wordings are different to XP, could you explain how to do what you advise, and would that cure this infuriating password protection on every page i open?

brundle 13:36 20 Aug 2007

Start/run, type msconfig, press return, find and select Disable UAC, reboot.

rawprawn 17:45 20 Aug 2007

Start/Control Panel/User accounts/Turn User accounts on or off

rawprawn 17:47 20 Aug 2007

More ways than one of skinning a cat! :-)

Pine Man 19:25 20 Aug 2007

If you live alone and nobody has access to your PC why have a password?

tobyjug472002 00:28 21 Aug 2007

thanks for the advice, it is correct that nobody else has access to my PC, but as i was directed to imput a username and password, i didn't think i had an option otherwise i presume i could not authenticate that i was the person (plus the IP) of a genuine copy of Vista...its a total mystery to me, but very annoying, i will try what brundle suggests and see if it disables the password that i have to imput when ever i do the simplest of things, such as deleting files, it asks for my password..no wonder i am going bald at a rapid response, at least with XP you were able to store the damn password, i think Vista is just over the top with security issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?