panasonic DV v/camera

jamaca 20:43 09 Feb 2010

Hi I am running win/7 64,on a sonyFW 56E with ATI graphic card my problem I have a Panasonic Video camera that worked well with Vista .with w/7 Icannot download any footage at all in any software program that i have installed the main p/gram is adode premier elliments 7 and windows movey maker. any help would be appreciated

gengiscant 09:42 10 Feb 2010

Is your camera showing in device manager? have you the correct drivers for it?

jamaca 09:54 10 Feb 2010

Hi thanks for your responce .yes window loaded all the drivers and it does show on device manager. the connection is by means of a firewire I am wodering if that may be at fault .i am about to check that and get back

gengiscant 11:37 10 Feb 2010

Even though Windows 7 laoded the driver, might be worth a look on Panosonic website to see if there are others with same problem.

jamaca 11:59 10 Feb 2010

thanks gengiscant, have tested firewire on another laptop works fine .checked device manager all drivers up to date. movie maker keeps responding with, device currently being used and it not . will try you suggestion many thanks or is it win/7 playingup?

jamaca 13:55 13 Feb 2010

many thanks Lazarus The 2nd and thanks for your detailed information .I will attemp this proceedure and post the results

jamaca 15:00 13 Feb 2010

Lazarus many thanks you are a genius.your data was positive ,Ican now down load Video to photo shop element and windows movey maker which is good. All the sony software still does not recognize the camera but i have two good programs to work with. once again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?