Paint Shop Pro 8 and Windows 7 64 bit

DoctorBeer 22:29 31 Jan 2010

I have same problem as recent post, PSP 8 will not work with W7 Professional, any sign yet of a cure or workaround. I have virtual XP installed on Win 7 but have not got my head round how to use it yet.

john bunyan 16:49 01 Feb 2010

Worth a try: Start/All Programmes. Right click on PSP 8,Left click on properties,Compatability.Then check the box "run this programme in compatabilty mode", then choose, perhaps "XP Service pack 3" or whatever. I have not had to use this method yet with Photoshop CS4, nor with my other programmes and I do not have virtual XP as my motherboard will not support it, but have W7 Ult 64 bit.I think this method works anyway for some programmes without the virtual XP method.

Simsy 05:43 12 Feb 2010

PaintShopPro 7 on my dad's new Win 7 64bit PC.
It installed without problems, and so far, (though it doen't get heavy use!), no problems have come to light with it.

I don't remember, (as it was over a week ago), but I suspect that I installed it by running the setup exe as administrator.

If you have no other joy perhaps you might want to uninstall then reinstall using this method.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017