Other Devices!

robulos27 13:00 15 Mar 2014

Please help, i recently had to replace my hard drive on a HP Pavilion G series laptop. The new hard drive works and the laptop turns on however there are no programs and the internet doesn't work. When i go into device manager it shows little yellow triangle signs over the Other Devices such as (Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, PCI Device, PCI Simple communications controller and SM bus controller). I have been on the HP website and downloaded the drivers however when installing the drivers it states that there are no devices to add the drivers too.

Is there a way i can download the devices and drivers onto a external hard drive and transfer them to the pavilion laptop? If so where can i find the software downloads?

Thank you for your time.

BRYNIT 13:07 15 Mar 2014

Go to the HP web site CLICK HERE input model number select OS and download the drivers. Transfer onto a Flash drive or USB hard drive and transfer to your Laptop.

rdave13 13:09 15 Mar 2014

Did you burn the restore to factory discs when you got the laptop new? If so use them to install Windows. They will install all the motherboard drivers as well as others.

robulos27 13:12 15 Mar 2014

Thank you for your response Brynit.

I have already downloaded the drivers and they will not install because there are no devices to install onto.

Is there any way to download the devices needed?

Thank you

robulos27 13:17 15 Mar 2014

Thanks Rdave13 but i didn't burn the restore to factory disk.

Do you know of any way to download the Devices stated above?

Thank you.

rdave13 13:37 15 Mar 2014

You should install the motherboard's chipset drivers first, as stated above, download the drivers using another PC and transfer to a flash drive. Then install on the laptop. What is the full product name and (sku) number? name and number locations

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone