office

the golfer 10:25 16 Dec 2007

will windows office xp pro run on vista?

anskyber 10:30 16 Dec 2007
  Pineman100 17:21 16 Dec 2007

anskyber gives a lot of his advice on this forum - he's a regular.

A "thank you" would be nice when you close the thread.

anskyber 18:10 16 Dec 2007

Thank you for your kind remarks.

It does happen and it's part of taking part in a way but your comments are much appreciated.

the golfer 18:56 16 Dec 2007

anskyber and Pineman100, I stand corrected. Many thanks anskyber for past and previous answer.

Jaynedoe 16:43 17 Dec 2007

Hi. Im not that technical and have had recent help from anskyber with a similar problem but from personal experience I can say that office 2003 and office xp do not run very well on Vista. When you try to open existing office docs in Vista the graphics tend to resort to black squares only as do spreadsheet graphics and flow diagrams. I don't know why, they just do. It also happens vice versa. If you put office 2007 on an XP machine the same problem occurs. If you have Vista I would recommend you use offie 2007. If you have XP then use 2003. I have just switched back to XP and office 2003...thank goodness. Jayne

Taff™ 09:02 18 Dec 2007

I am running Office XP on Vista Premium and the only problem I encountered was with Outlook (Not Express) because it doesn`t remember e-mail account passwords after a program restart. There is a workround that I use so if this is a problem post back here and I`ll give you the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?