Nvidia SLI Drivers

crosstrainer 10:49 21 Feb 2007

Does anyone know when a reliable sli driver will be available for vista? I have installed it on my second "playground" machine 2gb ram 2x 250 sata hdds 2x 6600gt graphics. I have noticed that some games (Notabley FEAR) perform very poorly with the latest drivers installed. I have left my laptop and newer sli desktop with xp for now, so I guess it's a case of waiting.... the realtek sound driver is basic (no eq etc) but seems to do the job. On the whole Vista seems a lot faster?

Kate B 11:31 21 Feb 2007

According to a conversation I had with the Nvidia PR recently, next month. But I will chase him today. I haven't installed the latest drivers and I think I probably won't as they're beta drivers.

anskyber 11:31 21 Feb 2007

Mid March is the latest best bet.

crosstrainer 11:38 21 Feb 2007

KateB, i had a look at those Beta drivers... very limited hardware support, thought about installing them but think i will wait... aah the joy's of a new OS... fond memory's of Windows 3, 3.1. workgroups, 95 xp et al!

Kate B 11:40 21 Feb 2007

Just had an email from Adam: "very soon", he says. Here are the latest drivers click here

I might give them a whirl, I'm getting the odd BSOD squawking about my current Nvidia drivers.

crosstrainer 11:49 21 Feb 2007

Might take a look... BSOD bleats a lot, only seems to like the generic drivers on the DVD.. no critical data on theis machine.. just a Vista playground toy so will have a look

Kate B 11:58 21 Feb 2007

Let me know how you get on - I get a BSOD about once every four or five boot-ups. Not the end of the world but moderately annoying.

crosstrainer 12:15 21 Feb 2007

have just installed the new drivers... no bleating on re-boot.. will have a go with a few things and drive the machine hard... let you know what occurs!

Kate B 12:24 21 Feb 2007

Did you uninstall the old drivers first or just stick the new ones on top? *idle*

crosstrainer 12:42 21 Feb 2007

Uninstalled the old drivers.. clean install of the new ones... now FEAR which i am using as a test prog. will not run at all...get sound but no display, tried uninstalling it and did clean install... same result, driver control panel is better, no BSOD complaints after 3 re-boots swings and roundabouts methinks!

Kate B 13:34 21 Feb 2007

I haven't installed any games yet - no point until they'll run in SLI, methinks. Thanks for the update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?