Not opening pages on internet after start PC

nikk17 10:08 29 May 2017

Dear all,

Got an issue with my HP laptop which I bought a few months ago. Recently it does not open any internet pages anymore after it did a few when PC has started up. So if I restart the PC I can open about three different pages and then the next it shows busy but never opens the page. OS is windows 10.

If anybody has any idea what the issue might be, please let me know.

Regards, Nikk

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:18 29 May 2017

What browser are you using?

Are you opening a fourth tab? or 4 instances of the browser or is this happening on the 4th opening with the other pages closed.

How much memory does the HP have?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:18 29 May 2017

What browser are you using?

Are you opening a fourth tab? or 4 instances of the browser or is this happening on the 4th opening with the other pages closed.

How much memory does the HP have?

nikk17 10:22 29 May 2017

Fruit Bat,

It works for about three sites then the next one does not open anymore. Tried browser IE and google chrome.

Am at the office now, can check memory later when I am home.

mole44 17:23 29 May 2017

Are you with Virgin media with hub 3.0 they have had problems with the hub dropping connection to the net after 12-20 minutes,i'm about to have hub number four installed tomorrow.I'm in the LU4 area and only certain areas are affected so i'm told it's there end so i'm told after 9 months of being told it's my desktop,i'm now logging these dropouts for proof to the engineers.

nikk17 17:29 29 May 2017

Mole44,

No I am based in the Netherlands. Other PC's in the house have no issues with internet / wifi / opening web pages.

Br, Nikk

nikk17 06:14 30 May 2017

Checked again last night. Restart PC, no site would open. Looks more that I can on occasion open a website, not necessarily only after restart PC.

Specs of the PC are:

HP pavilion notebook 64 bit 8GB RAM, i7 processor OS: Windows 10 home

Archonar 08:40 30 May 2017

Does the laptop show that it is connected to the router?

nikk17 11:12 30 May 2017

Yes shows connection with my router Archonar.

Archonar 12:45 30 May 2017

Try resetting your i.p. -

1. Open command prompt (type "cmd" into searchbar)
  2. Type "ipconfig /release" and press enter
  3. Type "ipconfig /renew" and press enter
  nikk17 18:44 31 May 2017

Archonar,

ipconfig release seems to work. No fault messages in the command prompt and am losing wifi connection after it. When trying ipconfig renew I get message; cant find path

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?