Norton 360

keithbelson 13:34 03 Aug 2007

I used to be a Norton buff in the days of Norton Commander with DOS but after Vista and Norton 360 I have lost faith. Installed 360 and then It worked o.k for a week after which live update would not work so I went the technical support online chat. Spoke to Varun who told me to uninstall using the Norton Tool then remove registry keys relating to Symantec. Use Explore and remove all folders relating to Norton, Symantec and Liveupdate. Did all that, rebooted and re-installed. Half way through an error occured and asked me to reboot again. When I did my dvd drive was not recognised. Checked device manager and found that there was an ! in a yellow triangle. The usual thing happened when I tried to reinstall the driver, it reported it as o.k. The code was 39 so I googled that and found a registry fix which worked. Next I re-installed again to get another error code 9999.171. went back to "Chat" and the guy told me to update the Windows installer patches. Downloaded and installed all patches and reinstalled again to get the same error. Went back to chat and it would not work with Firefox and told me to use Explorer. Did that and explorer came up with an error and had to close. So now I cant access the online chat to resolve anything. I have given up and downloaded the free AVG virus protection which works just fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?