No wireless connection in Windows 7 Professional

Ebonytiger 17:38 31 Jan 2010

I have a new build pc on which I installed Windows 7 Professional and have not been able to connect to the internet wirelessly. I managed to lug everything downstairs to connect wired to download Virtual PC and XP mode but don't want to repeat the performance again. My router is a new Belkin N+ - the wired PC to it is XP, my laptop which connects wirelessly is Vista and my son's PC connects wirelessly with Windows 7 Home Edition. I am also able to connect wirelessly in Virtual XP mode but the same hardware is unable to connect in Windows 7 Pro. The message I get is 'not connected, no connections available'.I have read several forums and this seems to be a Microsoft problem but has anyone managed to solve it please.

jjss 16:51 01 Feb 2010

I trust you have something like this fitted to your new build? click here

961 17:21 01 Feb 2010

32 or 64 bit?

bremner 17:24 01 Feb 2010

Have you confirmed in Device Manager that the Wireless adapter is working correctly in W7.

If you see a yellow exclamation mark in Network Adapters or Unknown devices then you have not installed the drivers.

jjss 17:52 01 Feb 2010

OOps! - I just re read your post - sorry

Ebonytiger 19:02 02 Feb 2010

It's 64 bit and the adapter is reported as working properly with the latest driver from Belkin ( the same as my son who is able to connect)

Technocrate 10:18 26 Feb 2010

This issue may occur if wireless card driver is not installed.
I suggest updating network card driver and BIOS first.
If any error message is received, please let us now.
If the issue persists, you can collect System Information and upload it to the click here using your Live ID and I will check it:
System Information=============

1. Click the Start Button, type "MSINFO32" in the Start Search box and press Enter to start the System Information.

2. On the popup window, on the menu bar, click "File", and click "Save", type a file name and then choose NFO as "Save as type", click Desktop on the left pane, and click Save. (If the Desktop option is not available, please click Browse Folder button first.)

3. Go to the Desktop, right-click on the exported file, choose "Send To" -> "Compressed (zipped) Folder". Upload this file and let me know the link
For More Information and issues related to windows 7 click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?